Monday, October 13, 2008

Aloha

Posted by Erin



Well for those of you who didn't notice the count down to the right...we went to Hawaii! We very much needed it. With Jeff traveling for work all the time, we needed to reconnect. It was wonderful. The weather was perfect and, of coarse the land was beautiful. We went for about nine days. We stayed in gorgeous hotels near Waikiki. We snorkeled and surfed and, of coarse, had to do all the things I did when I lived there. Jeff loved it. Jeff surprised me by renting a red convertible mustang which was really fun. We watched the sunset at Sunset Beach. We had my favorite, Haupia Pie...about 3 times :) We saw sea turtles which are amazing and lots of colorful fish. The water wasn't as clear as it usually is probably because of the time of year. The waves were bigger than I've ever seen them. Way too scary to surf on unless you're a pro. So we found some small waves to practice surfing on. We also went to a luau and night show at the Polynesian Culture Center...where I used to work. It was so fun to go again and get to take my husband this time. Most of all, the quality time for us was the best!

**Here's a couple quick pics. I will post more later.

0 comments: