Sunday, January 4, 2009

Snow in Austin!

Posted by Erin

Yes, again, this is old news now, but there was snow on my birthday in Austin. And for those of you out there that are so used to snow and are freakin sick of it by now (which was us last year), this probably isn't exciting for you. But for Austin, it's a very big deal. I don't think it's snowed here for years and years. It was pretty fun for Jeff and I who are so used to snow, it just seems weird without it.



Don't know if you can tell, but that's it...





Shortly after, I met Jeff in Utah for his work trip. Well, it was supposed to be for the company Christmas party, however, instead they cancelled it...laid off 25 people and announced there would be no raises this year. Big bummer, but very thankful Jeff was not one of the 25!

It was so much fun to see everyone and hang out with friends, but it went by way too fast.

This is Jeff taking a picture of me taking a picture of Megan sleeping with one eye open! hehe (sorry meg...it's all outta love) ...It's these little things I miss :)




And I have to post the new baby twins I saw while I was there. My best friend Andrea and I, holding her sister's new twins! So cute!!


We finally put up our first Christmas tree in our new home and of coarse we had to get the "Fraser Fur"! We also got to go to the trail of lights here in Austin. They do it every year which was really cool.



Haha, poor Rusty...


Zilker Park Christmas tree:





Christmas eve we had Jeff's family over for dinner and a pajama party and had Christmas morning just us (and Rusty). Then we went over to Jeff's parents for Christmas dinner until I had to work...BOOO!!! It's no fun to work on Christmas. But ya do what ya gotta, I guess.

Well again, sorry for the shortened versions. Hope everyone had a nice holiday and good luck to everyone in the new year!! We love you!



Phew, that was long. [Do you love how this is like my diary?? Haha]

1 comments:

Megan Whittaker said...

Erin! I was SO TIRED that night. How embarrassing. HA!