Well it's been exactly 67 days since I last saw my little cat Rusty. I fear, by now, I will not see him again.
We came home one day and he was no where to be found. I thought it was so strange because Rusty ALWAYS stays around the house. If he does wonder it's not far and 99% of the time is right there to greet us when we go outside to play. He's our little helper. If we're doing yard work he's right there, if we are washing the car he is right there rolling and playing in the garden or basking in the sun.
We live right by some small woods. I thought, maybe this time he wondered too far and was having a hard time finding a way home. As soon as I thought that I knew it probably wasn't true. He's a very savvy outdoor cat. He's smart and athletic and knows his way around.
We put posters up around the neighborhood, put an ad up on Craig's List and check the animal shelter regularly, but no hope.
It breaks my heart, I feel it may have been coyotes that got the best of him. I hear them in the distance in the woods at night. However, we've been here for 2 years and thought they kept there distance and Rusty knew to keep his.
I may never know what happened to Rusty but I miss him like crazy. He's been the one constant in my life for the past 6 years. He was always by my side and taught me to like cats again.
He's the smartest one I've met and would come when you called him, answer and run to his dish when you asked him if he wanted food (which, I think, is smart for a cat) and would greet you at the door when you came home.
Rusty, I will always keep looking for you and hope that I find you but if you are in heaven just know that you meant a lot to me and were the sweetest spirit. You made me laugh and smile when I was down and you will always have a place in my heart.
I love you Rusty-titty-toot-toot.
RIP
Erin
0 comments:
Post a Comment