I've been wearing contacts/glasses since I was 16 years old. Ever since I heard of the Lasik procedure I've wanted to do it. The fact that doctors can go at your eye with a laser, resulting in 20/20 vision is an absolute miracle. It's amazing!
I wanted to do the procedure as soon as I could possibly afford it because from what I understand, the majority of people have to use reading glasses starting around age 40. This is the case even if you get lasik. So, I wanted to be able to wear nothing for as long as I could get away with.
I went to Lasik Plus in north Austin and felt great about my experience. I had Dr. Whiteside who was very pleasant and calmly talked me through the whole procedure. Which was wonderful because, let's be honest, it's a little scary watching things come and touch your eye. You're usually trying to avoid that stuff.
In a nut shell, they lay you down on a table, numb your eyeballs, hold your eyelids back while a suction-type device holds your eyeball in place and the laser slices through your cornea, reshapes as needed and then the flap gets squeegeed back in place. It's the craziest feeling. However, other than pressure, it really doesn't hurt. Even after the surgery, when I was supposed to have some pain, I only slightly did in one eye. They ask you to go home and sleep to rest your eyes. As I was falling asleep, one of my eyes stung a little bit and was watering like crazy, but when I woke up I didn't felt any pain. The craziest part was that, as early as the ride home from the doctor, I could read street signs. No glasses! Absolutely amazing.
I am sooo thankful for my better then 20/20 sight!!
Before Lasik
Getting ready for surgery
All done! Don't need those anymore!
0 comments:
Post a Comment